WHAT IS A PLAYHOUSE PATRON?
An individual, family, business or organization that supports the playhouse with a $25.00 annual membership.
- Membership year runs from July 1 –June 30
- All donations are tax deductible
- Members will receive a welcoming email and an annual Haskell Playhouse newsletter
WHY SHOULD I BE A PATRON?
To assist in the ongoing restoration and maintenance of this historic 1885 playhouse and insure its integrity for the enjoyment of future generations
HOW WILL THE FUNDS BE USED?
For ongoing expenses i.e. monitoring of the security system, yearly landscaping expenses, annual repairs and maintenance and to complete some of our “wish list” projects.
Alton City Treasurer
101 E Third Street, Room 102, Alton, IL 62002
OUR WISH LIST FOR FUTURE PROJECTS:
- 1. Interior painting
- 2. Installation of a handrail and spindles on the rear porch (duplicating that of the front porch)
- 3. Re-design of the Men’s Bathroom stairway and handrail
- 4. Installation of landscape lights
WHERE THE FUNDS HAVE BEEN SPENT:
We are so grateful for all the support we received during our 2014 fundraising campaign. The following is a list of what was accomplished because of your generosity.
- Tuck pointing of the foundation and chimney
- Removal of the exterior lead paint
- Major carpentry restoration and repair of the clapboard siding and fish scale
- Caulking, priming and painting of the exterior
- Repair of the ornamental cresting along the roof line
- New cellar door
- Installation of a security system
- New slate roof and copper work (with cooperation of the City of Alton and Madison County PEP grant)
- Purchase of a dehumidifier for the cellar
- Insulation of the cellar
WHEN WE ARE OPEN/RENTAL OPPORTUNITIES:
Many opportunities are available for the public to visit the playhouse.
- Open on the second Saturday, April through September from 10am until noon
- The annual Lucy Haskell Birthday Party on July 29th
- Yearly visit by Santa on the first Saturday of December from noon-2pm
- By appointment for school field trips, tours or interested individuals by calling 618-463-2235
- Children’s parties
- Weddings / Baby Showers
- Card Parties